Although the assistant festival coordinator position has been filled, another exciting opportunity has become available. Deep Roots Music Cooperative has been awarded funding to hire an ASSISTANT DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR for the summer of 2018. Are you a student returning to full time studies in the fall and interested in joining our dynamic team?
The position is only open to students returning to full-time studies in the fall. The work starts on June 11th, and runs for 12 weeks thereafter: working Monday to Friday and including some evening work. The wage is $11 per hour. The Office is located in downtown Wolfville, downstairs at the Box of Delights, 466 Main Street.
The Assistant Development Coordinator works to support the Deep Roots Music Cooperative in ensuring the successful maintenance and growth of the revenue that is crucial for the sustainability of the Cooperative’s mission. The candidate will focus on learning about the needs of our audience and funding agencies, supporting planning activities, coordinating summer events, supporting work of sponsorship and publicity teams for the annual Festival, supporting planning, and supporting online conversations with Cooperative stakeholders through social media(Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube etc.)
The Assistant Development Coordinator is a key player. The job is multi-faceted and requires
• initiative, self-motivation and organization
• strong literacy and computer skills
• excellent interpersonal communication
• excellent knowledge and experience in the use of social media
• the ability to work well with minimum supervision
The main tasks of the job include:
• working with the Deep Roots team to promote the Co-op its mission and events
• build on existing knowledge of our market, audience and stakeholders to ensure that we understand their needs
• build an almost daily creative communications channel with our stakeholders to engage them and in the end, have them invest in our mission (i.e. sponsor us, buy tickets, volunteer)
• help organize and run events during the summer
• maintain data bases, lists and other tools to keep us organized
• assist other members of the Deep Roots Festival team in preparing for our annual Festival
Submit your resume and a cover letter outlining how you are suited to this position to: , or drop resume off at the office. Please make sure to include two supervisory (work or school) references.
Our intention is to do interviews in early June.