We are excited to announce that Deep Roots Music Festival has once again been awarded funding in support of an Assistant Festival Coordinator leading up to our 2018 Festival. Are you a student returning to full time studies in the fall and interested in joining our dynamic team?
The position is only open to students returning to full-time studies in the fall. The work starts May 22nd, and runs for 14 weeks thereafter: working Tuesdays through Saturdays and including some evening work because of meetings scheduled then. The wage is $11 per hour. The Deep Roots office is downstairs in The Box of Delights bookshop so, regrettably, not a workplace accessible to candidates with mobility impairments.
The Assistant Festival Coordinator is a key player in our Festival Committee. The job is multi-faceted and requires
- strong literacy and computer skills
- excellent interpersonal communication
- initiative, self-motivation and organization
- the ability to work well with minimum supervision
Several committee chairs rely on the summer student’s assistance, so if you want this job, you need to be able to:
- juggle tasks
- manage time efficiently
- be clear in communicating when you cannot take something else on … the committee chairs don’t always know how much work is being passed along to you from others.
The main tasks of the job include:
- securing sponsorships and donations
- maintaining the DR database (MS Access) and files on Google Drive
- dealing with lots of emails … reading, acting on, sending
- taking minutes at meetings
- assisting committee members (publicity, concessions, site, hospitality, admin),
- managing (and cleaning) the office
- supervising volunteers
Submit your resume and a cover letter outlining how you are suited to this position to: Please make sure to include two supervisory (work or school) references.
Our intention is to do interviews May 16 and 17.