+ Video Produced by Kimberly Smith – Creative Action Digital Video +
The Deep Roots Music Cooperative welcomes your help in presenting the Deep Roots Music Festival in all it’s wonderful diversity and delight … a weekend of sound, colour, play, camaraderie, and so much more. The Festival Volunteer Program offers opportunities to get involved in one or more areas that require reliable, committed community support.
Scroll down to bottom of page to find the Volunteer Application Form. Not sure how you want to participate? Talk to the Volunteer Coordinator … we’ll figure it out.
In exchange for volunteering with Deep Roots Music Festival 2016, you receive (or can choose to receive) the following benefits:
● The experience of volunteering for a music festival – you will get to see some cool stuff depending on what your role is; discuss your requests with your team leader.
● Volunteer t-shirt … MAYBE … depends on how our budget looks. Please provide your team leader with the size of t-shirt you prefer just in case! They will contact you in early September with the more definite decision on this.
● Access to Festival Club (with your volunteer badge) – grab snacks and hang out. We encourage music and jamming, so feel free to join in if you aren’t working!
● Meals – Volunteers can be given 1 meal for each shift worked. Meals are served at the Festival Club Meal Hall (Friday supper, Saturday lunch or supper). Tell your team captain if you expect to be wanting meals. You must also have your volunteer badge to get into the meal hall!
● After Hours Party (with your volunteer badge) – free food and booze – Saturday night, (actually, more like Sunday morning) midnight till 4 a.m. at the Festival Club.
● A free ticket to Sunday afternoon’s Festival Finale show. Let us know if you do not want it, so we know how many additional tickets we can sell.
● Half-price tickets to the Late Night Parties – Friday at the Rafters Heritage Barn, Old Orchard Inn, and Saturday at the Wolfville Farmers Market ($10 for volunteers rather than the regular $22.50). POSSIBLY, you will be able to buy up to 2 more tickets for others at the discounted price, but this depends on overall sales/availability of tickets. All volunteers have the opportunity to, initially, get a ticket for themselves; then we’ll see what is left.
● For those who work 30 hours (or more) during the year for the Deep Roots Music Cooperative, a complimentary ticket to the evening show of their choice (Thursday at Convocation Hall, OR Friday OR Saturday at Festival Theatre). Make arrangements for your comp through your team captain by September 5th.
● The fun of being part of something amazing.
● Bragging rights.
- A Volunteer report or reference can be provided on request.
Discuss your volunteer schedule, expectations and perks with your team captain, and be sure you make arrangements with your team captain to pick up your volunteer badge before (or at) your first festival volunteer shift.
Billet Host Perks
● The Deep Roots Billet Coordinator assigns perks to billet hosts as appropriate in each individual situation.
● Billet hosts receive a badge that gives access to Festival Club and After Hours Party, plus 2 free tickets to a Late Night party of their choice – these 2 tickets could be exchanged for 1 Kick-off Show or Main Stage Show ticket.
● As with other volunteers, hosts may be able to buy up to 2 additional tickets to the Late Night parties for friends at $10 each but this will depend on availability. After all volunteers and hosts have had the opportunity to buy tickets for themselves, at the discounted price, we will see how many are left and decide about this option.
Volunteers are at the heart of what makes the Deep Roots Music Festival a success year after year. Click Here for a list of Volunteer Tasks with descriptions.
Volunteer Registration Form
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer for the Deep Roots Music Festival, please fill out the appropriate fields in form below, indicating how you would like to be involved and noting any special skills or services you want to provide.
All information gathered is for festival use only. If you have any questions, please call the office at 1-902-542-7668.
If you want to volunteer with Deep Roots Music Cooperative on projects other than the festival (we have projects throughout the year), please go to the membership page and complete the membership form there, or contact our Volunteer Coordinator directly to discuss this further.